// kevin edit // kevin edit // kevin edit
There was an error in this gadget

Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hopefully Omari will still talk to me ..





about 22 hours into my 2nd homework project in head painting. to take it to a super-refined level I think I would need another 10-20 hours that I don't have ( due tomorrow).. the glare is from wet paint.. and it's a bit "wide-angled" by my camera so not exact but close enuf! here is the block in below the final.. i'll post some school stuff that's in my locker soon! well.. I like it! ;-)
Lisa who modeled at Mark E's workshop - this is about 2.5 hours and on a 9 x 12 board.. i want to get to where I can lay down the key planes faster with a nice feel ( a la Liberace!).. pleased with this but it's.. as Irys says.. only "meh" ;-) Below - a few head portraits from Head Painting one class.. they don't all go up on the blog for a reason!


9 comments:

Ed He said...

nice!

wenyu said...

I really like the painting of Omari...very well rendered, from my point of view

The_Geeks said...

Its me...dude nice! Hey you better drop a link of my blog!

carguin said...

I like it too. But I noticed that there's a tendency of making the reds and yellows and blues too prominent. It looks really James Wu, if that's what you're going for. But since I know you love Jacob Collins I suggest toning the saturation of one or the two primaries down :D

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

NOT GOING FOR JAMES WU BY ANY plan .. and hope to avoid even in happenstance!!!! but I agree that some colors are too "hot" (and not pushed back in chroma to where they should be. Also, Not at all using the J.C . "dead palette" ( lead white, naples y, yellow ochre, english red, burnt umber, neutral black).. which casts the world in a gold huu.. fair and right carquin commentary all the same.. dang! ;-)

C.B. Canga said...

nice job kev. especially like the omari mug.

Emerson said...

keviinn, that omari painting is awesome man. totally looks like the guy. :D

C.B. Canga said...

thanks kev.

she would be standing on the ground. at least she was last time i checked:) ha!

theo said...

Wow nice. I specially like the brunette girl on this one.