// kevin edit // kevin edit // kevin edit

Translate

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Flea Market 1" 10 x 12 Inches Oil on Linen

My study did not get finished but I no longer have the setup - this was done at Tony Curanaj's Still Life painting workshop at the Grand Central Academy last week.  I should have more to show for about 40 hours but I am slow and clumsy!  I missed a day due to flights and weather and poor planning on my part but the workshop was excellent and Tony is a fantastic teacher.

My setup and painting at an earlier stage..

The process from a graphite drawing, to an oil transfer to canvas and then first layers of paint..

4 comments:

William R. Moore said...

Kevin,
Curious and confused...what the "to an oil transfer to canvas" is exactly.

Sandra Heading said...

ooOOooo ' This is SOooooo BEautifuullly BrILliant .... I Just LOve it ....love it , love it !!!!!!!..;-) ...it looks perfect as is ..weather you finished or not, is not the matter ....Gorgeous study by a more then brilliant artist! ~ A

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

An oil transfer is when you paint the back-side of your drawing and use a sharp drawing tool ( I favor a Mitsubishi .38mm ultra-fine ball point pen for this task), tracing over your drawing onto the support. I did my original drawing on a cheap-ish tracing paper so I could see as I "inked" it onto the support. Other times I have made a xerox of my drawing ( so I can keep the drawing) and did the transfer from the copy.

It leaves a very nice drawing in paint, ready for first washes, or however you proceed. I used burnt umber paint straight from the tube for this.

Sandra Heading said...

Seriouly !!!! Nooo Way .... Never Slow or Clumsy .... Just very efficient and highly skilled :) ....I'm kinda curious. Would you approach every still life the same way or more free like .... Or is it a simple fact ... ?!? Or is that breaking the rules of logic there , I'm also curious as ur a teacher what do you think makes for a good artist inside ....

A